Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lately in science I have been studying the Respiratory System and how smoking affects your lungs. So far I have learned that the reason people get addicted to cigerettes is because the nicotine in the tobacco goes directly to your brain and that changes something in your brain that makes you want more and if you don’t get it you get sick. People that smoke die 20 years younger than someone who doesn’t. The tobacco in the cigarette first attacks your Trachea (which connects your nose and mouth to your lungs and is an important part of the vertebrate respiratory system) and Cilia (small hairs that trap bacteria). With one cigarette over 4000 chemicals are released into almost every system of your body. The nicotine in cigarettes is only one of the many many chemicals that are working against your body.

3 comments:

  1. Dale...that is amazing...4000 chemicals! Can you name a few of them and then find another product(s) that also contains that same chemical(s)? I am also curious what tobacco does to the cilia. Great information. I look forward to reading more. Mrs. K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog but i noticed something.. you spelled cigarettes in 2 ways cigarette and cigerettes. I do that alot too but I think
    you should read over what you have posted. I like how you described what happens i didn't know that. Nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete